About the Book
Criminal Justice Essentials
Sue Titus Reid
Reubin O’D. Askew School of Public Administration & Policy
Florida State University
2016. Approx. 560 Pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-6156-0. With Teacher's Manual & PowerPoint Slides.
About the Book
The Tenth Edition of Criminal Justice Essentials provides a comprehensive, yet manageable, overview of the U.S. Criminal Justice System. Revised and updated to reflect recent research and statutory changes, this text is one of the most thorough, legally accurate, and best-researched introductions to the U.S. criminal justice system available. Anchored within the framework of the legal system and using legal decisions as a basis for much of its direction, Reid offers an authoritative overview of the law enriched with real life examples of the criminal justice system in action.
Key Features of the New Edition:
• Revised and updated to reflect recent research and statutory changes, provides a comprehensive and concise overview of the U.S. criminal justice system.
• Authoritative and comprehensive overview of the U.S. criminal justice system.
• Includes legal decisions as a basis for much of the textual explanations. Accurately interprets the legal decisions and includes citations.
• Features references to current affairs and developments to illustrate legal principles in action
• Well-structured, teachable text. Pedagogy includes thoughtful learning objectives, chapter outlines and overviews, key terms with marginal definitions, and helpful charts and figures.
• Four-color format, including over photographs