About the Book
Constitutional Law: Laying Down the Law
Robyn Scheina Brown
Kelly A. Koermer
2011. 224 pages. ISBN: 978-0-7355-8862-2.
Instructor's Manual with Test Bank and PowerPoint slides.
About the Book
Constitutional Law: Laying Down the Law is an accessible, hands-on workbook for courses on constitutional law, and it is an outstanding resource for students whether it is used in addition to a textbook or by itself.
Features of this compact text:
- User-friendly in terms of size, length, and amount of information in each chapter.
- Consisting of twelve chapters, each of which deals with a separate constitutional provision, this text is written in a way that makes it easy for students to understand difficult concepts.
- Legal jargon is eliminated and complicated issues are broken down into logical steps to help ensure that students won't just memorize concepts but will truly grasp them and their application to the criminal justice system.
- Each chapter features:
- Two detailed hypotheticals one that is analyzed for the students and one for students to analyze themselves.
- Student checklist that guides students through a complicated analysis in a simple, step-by-step manner, highlighting key terms and concepts.
- Two Supreme Court cases, one landmark case and one very recent case. This will allow students not only to learn the law set forth by the judicial branch but also to see how it has evolved and is currently being applied.
- Discussion questions and test bank questions that test student knowledge.
The comprehensive and easily comprehensible Instructor's Manual will include:
- Answers to case questions
- Answers to discussion questions
- Analysis of the hypothetical for each chapter
- A thorough Test Bank that makes use of hypotheticals to test the studentsí» knowledge. It presents the best of both worlds for the instructor: it forces students to apply their knowledge when reaching answers, and it avoids cumbersome and time-consuming essay grading for the instructor.
Constitutional Law: Laying Down the Law is the only supplemental text that provides this unique combination of cases, hypotheticals, and other aids to enhance student understanding of the material.